WhatsApp offers a feature that allows users to delete messages, but what if you want to see those deleted messages? In this comprehensive guide, we will show you step-by-step how to retrieve deleted messages in WhatsApp. Whether you are using an iPhone or an Android device, we have you covered with various methods to restore your deleted WhatsApp messages. Keep reading to never miss any important information again.
- Learn how to retrieve deleted messages in WhatsApp on both iPhone and Android devices.
- Discover different methods such as using iCloud or Google Drive backups to restore your messages.
- Explore third-party tools like MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS for message recovery on iPhone.
- Find out how to use the notification history feature on Android 11 and newer versions to view deleted messages.
- Uncover the general method of uninstalling and reinstalling WhatsApp to retrieve deleted messages.
How to See Deleted Messages in WhatsApp on iPhone
If you are an iPhone user, there are a few different methods you can try to recover deleted WhatsApp messages. One option is to use iCloud to restore your messages if you have iCloud backup enabled. Another option is to use iTunes to restore from a backup. Additionally, you can try using third-party tools like MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS to recover your deleted messages. We will walk you through the step-by-step process for each method in this section.
Method 1: Restore from iCloud Backup
To restore deleted WhatsApp messages from iCloud backup, follow these steps:
- Ensure that you have an iCloud backup of your WhatsApp messages.
- Uninstall WhatsApp from your iPhone.
- Reinstall WhatsApp from the App Store and launch it.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to verify your phone number.
- When prompted, tap “Restore Chat History” to restore your messages from iCloud.
Method 2: Restore from iTunes Backup
If you have an iTunes backup of your WhatsApp messages, you can restore them using these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes.
- Select your iPhone when it appears in iTunes.
- Click on the “Restore Backup” button.
- Choose the backup that contains your WhatsApp messages and click “Restore.”
- Wait for the restore process to complete and then launch WhatsApp on your iPhone.
Method 3: Use MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS
If you don’t have an iCloud or iTunes backup, you can try using MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS:
- Download and install MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Launch MiniTool Mobile Recovery and select the “Recover from iOS Device” option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to scan and recover your deleted WhatsApp messages.
Table: Comparison of Methods to See Deleted Messages on WhatsApp
Here is a comparison of the different methods to see deleted messages on WhatsApp:
|Restore from iCloud||Easy to use, no need for a computer||Requires iCloud backup, may overwrite current data|
|Restore from iTunes||Can recover messages without an internet connection||Requires iTunes backup, may overwrite current data|
|Use MiniTool Mobile Recovery||No need for backups, supports various data recovery||Requires computer, third-party software|
“Recovering deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone can be done through iCloud, iTunes, or third-party tools like MiniTool Mobile Recovery. Each method has its pros and cons, so choose the one that suits your needs the best.” – WhatsApp Expert
How to See Deleted Messages in WhatsApp on Android
If you are an Android user, there are multiple methods available to recover deleted WhatsApp messages. Let’s explore each option:
1. Use the Notification History Feature
If you are using Android 11 or a newer version, you can take advantage of the notification history feature to view deleted messages. This feature allows you to access a log of your past notifications, including deleted WhatsApp messages. To use this feature, follow these steps:
- Go to your device’s home screen and long-press on an empty space.
- Tap on “Widgets” from the options that appear.
- Scroll through the widgets until you find the “Settings” widget.
- Long-press on the “Settings” widget and drag it to your home screen.
- Once placed, a menu will appear. Select “Notification log” from the menu.
- A shortcut to the notification log will be created on your home screen. Tap on it to access the log.
- In the notification log, you will be able to see deleted WhatsApp messages along with other past notifications.
Keep in mind that this method may not work for messages that were deleted a long time ago or if you have restarted your device since the messages were deleted.
2. Restore from Google Drive Backup
If you have previously enabled Google Drive backup for WhatsApp, you can restore your deleted messages from a backup. Here’s how:
- Uninstall WhatsApp from your Android device.
- Reinstall WhatsApp from the Google Play Store.
- Open WhatsApp and verify your phone number.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to restore your chat history from Google Drive.
- Once the restore process is complete, you should be able to see your deleted WhatsApp messages.
Note that this method will only work if you have an existing Google Drive backup with the deleted messages.
3. Access the WhatsApp Database
If you don’t have a backup or if you want to recover older messages, you can try accessing the WhatsApp database on your Android device. This method requires a file manager app and some technical knowledge. Here’s a general overview of the steps involved:
- Install a file manager app from the Google Play Store.
- Navigate to the “WhatsApp” folder on your device’s internal storage.
- Locate the “Database” folder within the WhatsApp folder.
- Copy the “msgstore.db.crypt12” file to another location on your device.
- Install a WhatsApp viewer tool on your computer.
- Open the WhatsApp viewer tool and load the copied “msgstore.db.crypt12” file.
- You should now be able to view and recover deleted WhatsApp messages using the WhatsApp viewer tool.
Keep in mind that accessing the WhatsApp database requires caution and technical expertise. It is recommended to research and follow a detailed guide specific to your device and software version.
How to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages on Any Device
If you have accidentally deleted important messages on WhatsApp and want to recover them, there is a general method that can be used on both iPhone and Android devices. This method involves uninstalling and reinstalling WhatsApp, then restoring your message history from the backup file. Please note that this method can only work if you have regular backups enabled and the deleted messages are still within the backup period.
To retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages, follow these steps:
- On your device, uninstall WhatsApp.
- Reinstall WhatsApp from the App Store (for iPhone) or Google Play Store (for Android).
- During the setup process, verify your phone number and grant the necessary permissions.
- When prompted, tap on the option to restore your chat history from the backup file.
- Wait for the restoration process to complete.
- Once the restoration is finished, you should be able to see your deleted WhatsApp messages in the chat history.
It’s important to note that this method may not be successful in retrieving all deleted messages, especially if you haven’t regularly backed up your WhatsApp data or if the backup file doesn’t contain the specific messages you’re looking for. In such cases, it’s recommended to explore other methods mentioned in the previous sections, such as using iCloud or Google Drive backups.
By following these steps, you can increase your chances of recovering deleted WhatsApp messages and restore important conversations. Remember to always back up your WhatsApp data to avoid losing valuable information in the future.
In conclusion, you now know how to recover deleted messages in WhatsApp using various methods for both iPhone and Android devices. By following the step-by-step instructions provided in this guide, you can retrieve and restore your important WhatsApp messages.
Remember to regularly back up your WhatsApp data to ensure you have a recent backup in case of any accidental deletions. This will help you avoid losing valuable messages and make the recovery process easier.
With the right tools and techniques, such as using iCloud or Google Drive backups, accessing the WhatsApp database, or reinstalling the app, you can retrieve any deleted messages and never miss any important information again.
So, don’t panic if you accidentally delete a WhatsApp message. Just refer back to this guide, follow the appropriate method for your device, and recover your deleted WhatsApp messages effortlessly.
Can I retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages on an iPhone?
Yes, there are multiple methods you can try to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on an iPhone, including using iCloud backup, iTunes backup, or third-party tools like MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS.
How can I recover deleted WhatsApp messages on an Android device?
Android users have several options to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages. You can use the notification history feature on Android 11 and newer versions, restore messages from a Google Drive backup, or access the WhatsApp database on your device.
Is there a general method to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages on both iPhone and Android devices?
Yes, by uninstalling and reinstalling WhatsApp and restoring the message history from the backup file, you can recover deleted messages on both iPhone and Android devices, as long as regular backups are enabled.
How can I ensure I never lose important WhatsApp messages in the future?
It is recommended to regularly back up your WhatsApp data to prevent the loss of important messages. This can be done through iCloud or Google Drive, depending on your device.